Recently posted content at the web site of the PCA Historical Center includes PDF image scans of Contact, the newsletter issued by
Presbyterian Churchmen United, between 1970-1973.
There were four main organizations that were formative of the Presbyterian Church in America :
1. Concerned Presbyterians, a layman’s group led by ruling elders;
2. Presbyterian Churchmen United, an organization for pastors;
3. The Presbyterian Journal, a magazine begun in 1942; and
4. The Presbyterian Evangelistic Fellowship, a ministry focused on revival.
The publications issued by the first two of these groups can now be accessed online at the PCA Historical Center’s web site.
Following the organization of Concerned Presbyterians (good evidence that it was the ruling elders who were leading the movement for renewal in the Church!), an organization specifically for pastors was later formed under the title Presbyterian Churchmen United. Contact, the newsletter issued by this group, first appeared in May of 1970. Then, just prior to the formation of the Presbyterian Church in America (in December of 1973), the group accordingly published their closing issue in September, 1973.
Click the cover image below to view the contents and to access issues of Contact :